cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex roomkit mini takes over the Samsung Flip.

I recently installed a 66 inch Samsung Flip with a Room Kit mini and Webex Room Navigator.  I have done this before in another Conference room with no problems.  Everything works the same as the other room but when the Webex navigator is being used you have no option to close out and choose the other HDMI option plugged into the flip.  You have to ether turn off and back on the Flip and start over or put the navigator into standby mode and then manually turn on the Flip.   Now the Flip will work as usual until you try to use the Navigator again then Webex takes over with no option to leave.  When you manually select the HDMI that the  Webex mini  is plugged into the same thing happens.  Webex takes over with no option leave.  

3 Replies 3

progers
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Steven, 

I don't believe the Navigator has the capability to switch between HDMI ports on your TV (Samsung Flip). The navigator works on the HDMI port that it is plugged into. You will have to switch between HDMI ports on your TV with the remote control or buttons on the side of the TV device. There is no option to leave the Webex platform because there is nowhere to "leave" to. You can place the Webex system in sleep mode but there is not a shutdown option. 

For example,  on our Samsung TV we have a Room Kit on HDMI1 and a DVD player on HDMI2. We use the Samsung remote control to switch between HDMI1 and HDMI2. 

Thank you,

Peter 

I figured it out yesterday. A new setting that was not available on the
first Flip was selected by default on the newer Flip. Once I disabled the
setting everything worked the way it did before.

Hi @steven.harrington 

do you remember which exact setting this was? Seem to have the same issue right now.

Thanks!
Nina