cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Who does Cisco Webex Support compares with the rest of Webex Suite.

rbadilla
Level 1
Level 1

I wonder how/where does Cisco Webex Support (this name is misleading) with the rest of Webex Suite

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/conferencing/product_comparison.html

I fear that Cisco is remixing its products and clearly there are products that can overlap each other (some functions). This is where a more updated product comparison can help to find out the right tool for the problem.

Does someone have a new comparison of the current products and their features (mostly Webex Support vs Webex Teams) ?

2 Replies 2

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

I haven't seen a comparison of the various Webex App features but I can tell you that Webex Support is designed to be used as a remote access tool for tech support people and users.  Webex Support is different than the Webex app as it gives the Support person access to a users computer, not just an app.  It does not give them any administration permissions so the support person is not able to change any operating system settings, install apps, etc.    Think of apps like "logmein" and Microsofts "Quick Assist" for example.  The support person can click on "Start" in the web portal (see photo below) and it will send an email to the other person so they can click on it to open a Webex Support session.  This can be very helpful if your organization needs a support center tool.

WebexSupport.png

Response Signature

Hi Kathy:

Thanks a lot by your answer. Surely webex support is kind of useful. But as far I have used is orphan or left behind the UI/UX of webex meetings. 

Have used a bunch of time with our customers; they hate it. Isn't multimonitor aware, hard to dock the windows. Most of our customers prefer webex meetings or logmein or anydesk than struggle to use webex support.

I have complain about the UI/UX a few times and didn't saw any improvement. It's a shame since have a huge potencial. 

Let's see is something change sooner, but as far remains same I will suggest to drop our webex support licenses and keep webex meetings as main tool of remote support.