cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebEx Calling Grievances

Tech5150
Level 1
Level 1

Our organization moved to a new hosted Cisco solution in Nov 2020. In addition to our on prim environment we were offered the softphone capability as well for end users. We started out with Cisco Jabber which had many issues, so the provider and Cisco asked us to migrate to Cisco Webex Calling. The desktop/laptop application we have really good success with, however I can not say the same for the Cisco WebEx Calling App for iPhone. 

As of this post we are on mobile version 41.6.2 - 

#1. The app used to ring even when the app was closed in the background, that has not been the case sense before 41.6.1. 

#2. The same external person from the same phone number and same phone who are not Cisco customers will show up in Caller ID if it shows Cisco WebEx Video and no caller ID if it shows Cisco WebEx Audio. 

#3. Even with good LTE 4G/5G coverage and WiFi signal there are times where you can not accept the call. 

#4. Even with good LTE 4G/5G coverage and WiFI signal there are time where you can not make a call from WebEx app, and prompts you to use the iPhone.

#5. There are delays at times when answering the call, a good 2-3 seconds before the other person can hear you.

#6. After 200 max in the sent/received call log, call 201 will wipe the sent/receive history. 

#7. The app is not consistent with the desk phone call history for sent & received calls like previous versions. 

(These above have all happened even after confirmation of WebEx App settings for Data, Notifications, etc. have been verified)

We were hopeful this would replace 1 number reach, but we are losing adoption by the day because our end users are discouraged when they can't use it for it's intended purpose successfully when talking with our clients. 

I am open to suggestions and really hope Cisco can make this the best softphone app on the market but so far it has many opportunities for improvement!  

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Looks like many of your points seem to be reproducable at multiple users. I guess you've opened SRs for each of them so that TAC/engineering can have a look on it?

I think in some later versions, there was a change that make the Webex app running in background and not to be closed by the operating system. From my perspective, that is the expected behavior as long as I am logged into the app. If I am not logged in, I do not want to receive calls, otherwise I would.

As I'm Android user, I cannot say anything about the issues. On Android, I'm not facing those issues.

Regarding 7: Currently, there is some work ongoing to provide a synced call history across all devices/apps AFAIK. Currently, a MPP will only show those calls that it has been aware of. If it has been unplugged for instance, those calls will not appear in the list. Also Calls in Webex will not be listed.

jk399
Level 1
Level 1

2nd this. We’re currently evaluating Webex Calling cloud enterprise edition. The mobile app doesn’t behave well when used with desk phones. For instance, when you answer an incoming call on your desk phone, 50% or the time the iPhone app continues to ring with that same call even after you’ve answered on other device. This happens both on wifi and LTE with a reliable connection. Calling seems to be 2nd class citizen to the other Webex features in the new Webex app.