Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Sync a group number to Webex

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to sync the active directory attribute "homePhone" to the webex cloud attribute 

phoneNumbers;type-work_extension. I have currently made a sync with the above attributes but we only have 2 users out of 3400 that get the attribute synced. This mapping is to be able to call a group number/addtional number. 

Thanks for the advice in advance  

2 Replies 2

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

Just sharing here for completeness the information I got from my customer success team.

If you want to see what is actually getting synced you can use the Developer API website to take a look: https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/people/get-my-own-details

That said, the phoneNumbers;type-work_extension is used only with a Webex Calling Professional license assigned to the user. So even though the attribute is synced, Webex does not make use of it unless that license is present. It won't just show up as another option in the contact card in the app. You can always sync that number to another attribute, such as "mobile" or maybe even "facsimileTelephoneNumber" (not sure how Webex would handle calling a number that's supposed to be a fax) to use as a workaround but there doesn't appear to be "homePhone" field to do a 1-to-1 mapping.

As for the lack of documentation, "documentation doesn't cover it because this was a late addition to the phoneNumbers supported by Webex Identity"

Hope that helps!

sully213
Level 1
Level 1

I found this post looking to do the same thing but with the ipPhone attribute. In all of my searching of documentation it seems like Cisco skips over the "phoneNumbers;type-work_extension" cloud attribute. Does anyone know where to find even the most basic info of what this attribute does?