Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Scrren Sharing in Webex

vincentsimon329
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sir,

I have been using Webex for attending my college lectures for the past 2 months, but recently for the past week or so I have been facing the issue of not being able to view a screen shared by another participant in the meeting. Also, the whole Webex app freezes up and I cannot even toggle mute or unmute until either I kill the app from Task Manager or the participant stops sharing the screen after which everything returns to normal.

I tried out various hacks like reinstalling Webex after completely uninstalling it. Also, I tried other Video conferencing apps but they all worked fine. 

My system specifications are as mentioned below:

• Windows 7 Ultimate (32 Bit) 
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 500 GB HDD
  • No Graphic card or video card.
1 Reply 1

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

The problems you're having could be caused by poor internet, high CPU or memory usage.  Start by using the Health Checker when in a meeting.  It can help to check your internet connections as well as computer resources. 

Take a look at other applications or services that are running at the same time as your meetings to see if you can close anything to free up memory/CPU.  Possibly start with a fresh reboot before a meeting and don't open any other applications before joining a meeting.  If you don't have any problems, this could indicate the problem is with an application that is taking up the computer resources. 

I know many colleges have a student support center.  You can contact them for help as well.  If they have access to the Webex Control Hub, they can look at logs from meetings you've attended and see similar data as the health checker that might identify the cause as well.  If the problem is with CPU/memory, they can help with checking your computer to identify applications and processes and develop a solution.

Good luck and hopefully this information will help you to solve the problem.

Response Signature