cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up an after hours mailbox for on call technicians

jurbanik
Spotlight
Spotlight

In WebEx Calling - Is there any way to set up an after-hours mailbox that will call out to a technician's cell phone after a customer leaves a message? And if so can you cascade so if the technician does not answer it will try and call another number after a set about of time, say 5 minutes.

10 Replies 10

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Also interested in this.  The scenario that I'm interested is that a customer would leave a message in the out of hours mailbox, then it dials out to alert people, and carries on until the message has been read.  We've done that a few times with Unity and Unity Connection and it works well.  So would be useful to know if it can be done in Webex Calling as well.

I think this is far more than a simple voicemail box, it is a whole alarming and escalation chain. I am not aware that such a feature is planned in Webex Calling. For sure, you may post an idea in AHA.

If it is possible with Webex CC, I do not know either because I do not know about Webex CC.

Thanks.  I'm new to Webex Calling so am not familiar with all the features. With on-premise systems the function I described is a straightforward option for both Unity and Unity Connection voicemail.  It may simply not be possible with Webex Calling

I think understanding the feature set is going to be key, I would hate to promote Webex Calling then find half the functions the customer needs are missing.

Well, you cannot compare a full blown on-prem CUCM with a generic cloud-based solution. The on-prem solution is much more customizable and flexible than the cloud solution. Depending on your customer, a WxC Dedicated instance (ie. a UCM-C) might be a solution. I've also not looked into that, but maybe that allows more customization.

Calling is a great solution for customers with a generic call behavior, common call distribution etc. In such enviorments it works smoothly and is easy to set up.

@dtibbe wrote:

Well, you cannot compare a full blown on-prem CUCM with a generic cloud-based solution. The on-prem solution is much more customizable and flexible than the cloud solution.

That's unfortunate to be honest.  Cisco and their competitors are all pushing for cloud or hosted solutions, and Webex Calling is Cisco's only offer until you get into thousands of users.  It's a tough sell to say this is the new and recommended solution, but don't expect it to work as well as your existing and lower cost on premise solution.

Don't blame me

Topics we're discussing often as well..

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

What's WebEx?

This is could be a possible scenario: Specify a call forwarding to the a CQ. The agents in the CQ are called top-down or cyclic, as you want. Add a dummy user that has a permanent call forwarding to the mobile number. This would consume an additional license, for sure.

But: Why not using a Webex mobile app? So the technicians are also available at after hours or may log off if they're not on shift?

Would this be possible using Contact Center IVR?

I don't know as I'm not in Webex CC..

I'm not in WebEx CC either.