cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx call out numbers?

chris.black
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a published list of numbers WebEx uses for all outs?

I am asking because in order to combat unwanted calls and texts to my cell phone I enabled the “Silence Unknown Callers” feature on my phone. However, I quickly had to turn it off when I realized it was silencing all the calls from WebEx

1 Accepted Solution

Hi

I think people are thrown because this is filed under the Webex Calling community and you are asking a Webex meetings callback question.

I have not seen a list of callback numbers (defined) , normally depending on Webex Audio or audio provider used (which could be a Cloud Connected Audio Service Provider) there could be 2 or more numbers per country that are used for calling back.

All I can say is after a while you will see a pattern of common numbers build up on which numbers are Webex Meetings call back numbers vs any others. Ideally you could pinpoint that it's a webex callback number because you initiated the callback to your cell/mobile (unless you got unlucky and a cold caller got in at just the same time).

If you have a Customer Success Manger for your Webex subscription you may be able to get in touch with them and they may be able to help you.

Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

olunney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chris, i want to make sure I understand the question correctly. 

Are you asking:

(1) What number is displayed to your mobile when doing a webex meetings callback?

or

(2) Is it possible to reject anonymous callers on webex calling (which can also be configured to alert your mobile)?

Let me answer both initially and you can let me know if i am close

(1) This varies depending on the partner providing dial in numbers for webex meetings. The process to view Inbound / outbound numbers can be found here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX25713/How-Do-I-Find-the-Global-Dial-In-Number-for-My-Meeting

(2) Webex calling supports a service called "anonymous call rejection" which is enabled as a user level in CUP. When enabled the feature will reject incoming calls with blocked caller ID's. This will include calls forwarded to your mobile.

I am talking about the number(s) webex calls me from when connecting to a meeting, it seems to be different each time? I set my phone to ignore unknown numbers to combat unsolicited calls it also ignores the webex calls because they are unknown. If there was a short list of numbers webex uses to call me I could add those a contact on my phone thus making them known and fixing my issue.

Hi

I think people are thrown because this is filed under the Webex Calling community and you are asking a Webex meetings callback question.

I have not seen a list of callback numbers (defined) , normally depending on Webex Audio or audio provider used (which could be a Cloud Connected Audio Service Provider) there could be 2 or more numbers per country that are used for calling back.

All I can say is after a while you will see a pattern of common numbers build up on which numbers are Webex Meetings call back numbers vs any others. Ideally you could pinpoint that it's a webex callback number because you initiated the callback to your cell/mobile (unless you got unlucky and a cold caller got in at just the same time).

If you have a Customer Success Manger for your Webex subscription you may be able to get in touch with them and they may be able to help you.

Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Thanks...... I will check with our Customer Success Manger