Replies

Webex Calling and multiples calling services licenses

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Dear community:

If a user has (all 3):
Call on Webex (1:1 call, non-PSTN)
Register to Unified Communications Manager (UCM)
Webex Calling Professional

How Webex app register into each service and how call routing works (inbound and outbound)?
Thanks
Alex

5 Replies 5

I don't have official information on this, but I have tested it, and it consistently prioritizes Webex Calling as the preferred option for registration after assigning both licenses. [I have already onboarded the Call Manager into the CH (ConnectedUC)]. When I select both licenses, Webex Calling becomes the preferred option.

Regarding calls on Webex, if you have the "Call on Webex"set as the first preference in your CH client settings for other users, Webex 1:1 calls will be prioritized when making calls to those Webex users. To avoid call on webex, we have hid the call on webex here. 

ShalidKurunnanChalil_0-1712155457899.png

Regards,

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Hey Shalid
Thank you for your answer. In my case it prioritize UCM calling  but no word from Cisco BU yet.

Hi @aalejo 

You are right. Even though it was connected to webex calling initially, it eventually registered with the call manager. I tried a few more database resets on the webex app and sign-in/sign-out, and it still prefers to connect with the call manager. 

Regards,

keclair
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are not able to register both UCM and Webex calling. You can choose Call on Webex and either UCM of Webex calling. 

That's the problem, i can add all Calling licenses to a user on Webex hub interface . Then the question: If both UCM AND Webex calling  are added what will happens?