cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling Shared lines for Webex app users

VON CLAWSON
Level 3
Level 3

I have a need for shared lines for three webex app only users. When I assign the number to one of the users it is no longer available to assign the number to the other two users. I have thought of using a Workspace for this but I am wondering how these users would use this Workspace to make calls in the Webex Client. Also, these users need to be able to forward this number to their cell phones. 

Please rate if this helps.
3 Replies 3

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Shared lines in the Webex app are currently supported for UCM only.

For Webex Calling, the feature is coming soon (IIRC, it's already in beta): See coming soon at https://help.webex.com/rdmb0/

That's good. However, I need to come up with some way to configure this now. Is Workspaces the way to go here?

Please rate if this helps.

I think the issue you are going to have is you can't log into the app with a workspace and you can't use workspace assigned DN's as a shared line. And since currently you can't have a shared line on the app, you might have to get creative and use something like Hunt groups to add all the DN's you want to share. You can then forward NA to the hunt group where all the lines in the hunt group will start to ring, But yes I agree with you the way the shared lines work currently leaves something to be desired.