cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When does queue duration start counting?

MK20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our organization recently started using Webex with callback.  We are trying to figure out how the system calculates the queue duration, at which point does it start counting the duration? Looking at the data, please see attached few sample records, it is not obvious.  Tried comparing the times in the report and numbers are not matching to the Queue duration in Webex reporting.  Hoping someone in this forum can shed some light.

Our flow is something like this: Caller calls->Intro message->Menu options->Message->Avg wait time, option to request callback->User requests callback->Call Ends

I'm not a telephony person, so not at all familiar with telephony lingo/jargon but have been tasked with this, so really appreciate any information or guidance on this.

Thank you so much.

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

I cannot check as I do not have access to a Calling instance, but some thoughts anyway:

You mentioned menu options: that implies, there is also an auto attendant involved. That one probably forwards the call to a call queue. So the queue duration will not/should not include the time spent listening to the menu.

If the queue announcement is mandantory, it might not count into the duration? Because during that time, there is no agent that could take the call.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

MK20
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your response.  Yes, you are right, based on the times and calculation it seems that the announcement is not counted into the duration.  

I'm wondering if it's safe to then assume that it will depend on the configuration in which case either the admin would know or we'd have to engage CISCO to figure it out.

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

I cannot check as I do not have access to a Calling instance, but some thoughts anyway:

You mentioned menu options: that implies, there is also an auto attendant involved. That one probably forwards the call to a call queue. So the queue duration will not/should not include the time spent listening to the menu.

If the queue announcement is mandantory, it might not count into the duration? Because during that time, there is no agent that could take the call.