cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flow Designer - Unable to connect to some nodes?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

This has happened to me numerous times and it appears to be a bug ?

Let say node X has 3 outputs.

I can drag 1 of the outputs from node X to node Y, but when I try the other outputs from Node X to Node Y, it just won't 'connect'. - and defaults to Release End Node.

It will allow it to be connected to other nodes? Anyone else experience this issue?

I don't have any workaround apart from deleting the node which you cannot connect to and recreate it - which is very time consuming.

Example below where Output from the Evaluate won't "connect" to the Data Parser node.

GerryORourke_0-1688556678256.png

Regards,

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

stgreenb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Gerry O'Rourke , eval and data parser (your examples) can not have 2 different connections between them. The output of eval has to go to 2 different nodes as what you see in your image. Depending on your use case (I have seen it done for other reasons) you may be able to insert a "dummy" eval node that does nothing.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

stgreenb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Gerry O'Rourke , eval and data parser (your examples) can not have 2 different connections between them. The output of eval has to go to 2 different nodes as what you see in your image. Depending on your use case (I have seen it done for other reasons) you may be able to insert a "dummy" eval node that does nothing.

Steve,

Is this documented somewhere, what are the restrictions at the node level?

Gerry

@Gerry O'Rourke , most of the restrictions are listed here: https://help.imiconnect.io/docs/nodes  I am not sure why double connections is not among those, I will suggest that it gets added. 

stgreenb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

While I do know there are some use cases where this is the right logic, two nodes can not be tied together with multiple connections. 

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Actually - even creating a new node doesn't help. 

I had to create two copies of the node to allow it to connect?

GerryORourke_0-1688557182094.png

Gerry