Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Service Variables?

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

Lets say you initiate a variable : myVariable = 'x' in flow "A"

Flow A - using a loop kicks off a number of other flows which run concurrently.

Each of these flows checks the value of the variable: myVariable (which returns value 'x')

One of these flows then changes the variable value from 'x' to 'y' and all future flows when checking the variable value - sees the updated value of 'y'. 

Is this possible? I not sure it is using variables or is it?

I believe I could achieve this using the customer profile API - by setting a dummy customer profile and changing a attribute value within it (i.e. initiating the variable value) and then each flow could check this API for its value and update it etc.

Gerry

1 Accepted Solution

stgreenb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Gerry O'Rourke, its likely that for your use case, with variables affecting multiple flows, that you will want to store those in a database outside of Connect (and allow Connect to read/write to it). Webex Connect doesn't today have global variable concept. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

stgreenb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Gerry O'Rourke, its likely that for your use case, with variables affecting multiple flows, that you will want to store those in a database outside of Connect (and allow Connect to read/write to it). Webex Connect doesn't today have global variable concept. 

Thanks Steve. That is what I thought. A global variable at the Service level would be a nice feature.

All flows within that Service could view or update variable etc.

Regards,

Gerry