cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

730 Headset - Audio not working on the right side.

730 Headset - Audio not working on the right side.

1. I am not an enterprise user and I have no service contract. I am an AT&T employee who made personal purchase item tor work.

2. Item was purchased used recently

3. Firmware was updated with Android App.

3. Right side controls function properly

4. Audio does not work on right.

5. This is my second set of 730. Origonal one functions perfectly.

I can return item to reseller, but I wanted to learn how if anyway I can get it repaired.

Please help

9 Replies 9

sbrough
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reading the posts above it seems like you all got to a solution which was rightly the warranty replacement.

The problem with the sound in one ear is a fault not a setting, so again sorry for the experience but hopefully you have a replacement.

If you any further problems don't hesitate to reach out here and we will help.

Hello Simon,

I actually have 2 Headsets 730s with issues.

Headset 1: Extremely low audio on the left side. Firmware updated this morning and the low audio still occurs.

Headset 2: When using the device for phone or video calls there is static buzz or hum noise heard. This is not heard when used to playback audio or video.

Please let me know how I should proceed for repair/replacement.

Thank you,

Shawn

Shawn 

Reach out to me on EMAIL I will help you sbrough@cisco.com

Simon

I suggest for #2 that switch the USB port for the dongle. I think it needs a USB2. The more advanced USB might be the problem

I appreciate your suggestion @Davidwilson73228 , however I'm using the headset via bluetooth.  

Thanks,
Shawn

LuisPerez
Level 1
Level 1

This seems to be a feature of the headset when using the dongle. It just ignores the right channel and plays the left channel in both ears. I find it outrageous it, specially when Cisco sells it as a device where one can listen to music.
I've actually find a similar issue in Plantronics headsets, but at least there you can change the settings to listen stereo audio.

It turned out to be a bad headset and I was able to get a replacement during the warranty.

abhardwaj
Level 1
Level 1

I won a 730 headset during the WebExOne event and it also has the same problem. How can I get the replacement?

Thanks

Avnish

sbrough
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

David

Sorry you had this experience...please reach out to me on email: sbrough@cisco.com and I will help you resolve this

Regards

Simon
Cisco Headset Team