cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bang & Olufsen Cisco 980 - sound source issue on MacBook

AdamSz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I like the Bang & Olufsen Cisco 980. It is comfortable, sounds great and it works well with Webex.

The issue is the following:

If a YT video is playing and another also starts playing, it will work correctly and I can hear both. But if I stop one, I will not hear any of them. So, not only the stopped one but the other playing one is muted. In this case I need to stop and start the still playing YT video to make sound back.

If a YT video is playing and I switch tab (where stopped video is there) in Safari, usually the sound is also gone. I need to switch back to the playing video to hear again the sound.

Sometimes is enough just switching full sized app and the sound will be muted.

There are more cases when the sound is gone but these cases are hard to reproduce.

The headset has the latest firmware: version is 3.3.31 (released on December 21, 2023)

I use MacBook Pro 2021 16" with having the latest version of macOS.

My colleagues have this headset also with the same setup and they also experience this issue.

1 Reply 1

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

I see you haven't had any responses here, I think the likely reason for that is this is not a headset problem, it's a MacBook problem. Does apple have any community forums like this for you to try? When a bluetooth device is connected to a laptop or tablet or whatever, it plays what is sent to it - that simple. Good luck.