cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CODEC EQ USB-C Passthrough means full AV support with one cable?

Scott Nieto
Level 1
Level 1

Does the Cisco Codec EQ codec allow me to connect one USB cable from laptop to codec and then use my room camera, microphones and speakers to conduct a web conference, such as MS TEAMS, Zoom, etc? Is anything other than the USB cable required?

1 Accepted Solution

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Hey Scott - yes, it does exactly that. I've used USB passthrough with my Mac and a Desk Pro many times - once you have the USB-C cable connected your laptop will see the camera, speakers, and Mic as peripherals that you can use instead of the built in peripherals, it works perfectly. Nothing else required. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Hey Scott - yes, it does exactly that. I've used USB passthrough with my Mac and a Desk Pro many times - once you have the USB-C cable connected your laptop will see the camera, speakers, and Mic as peripherals that you can use instead of the built in peripherals, it works perfectly. Nothing else required. 

Hi, I have the same question. (Room EQ support Full USB-C)

https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/ney3qxe/Call-from-laptop-using-your-Cisco-device-as-a-web-camera#Cisco_Reference.dita_8968f4af-f365-4ba8-b11a-729d90b4c9e6

But Room EQ is not mentioned in this document.

Did you ever use USB passthrough with Room EQ?

Thanks for your advice.

Regard.

Local Korean contractors tell me the EQ Codec will work with a USB-C cable connection.

Thanks, PJMack. I assume that's the same for any codec advertised as USB-C passthrough, including the Codec EQ and the new Room Bar?

Scott - yes that's correct. I have personally tried it with the Desk Pro and Mini and a Room Kit Mini - have not tried the bar/EQ yet, but I am sure they will work the same way.