cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect EQ POE+ ports directly to Speakers

Tyler.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

I was checking to see if anyone has Connected a Room Kit EQ directly to speakers via the POE+ ports. Curious if anyone has tried this or has any recommendations. 

1 Accepted Solution

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as your speakers support AES67, you should be OK.  See https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/aes67-setup-guide.pdf

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tyler.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1

Wayne,

Thank you very much. That will help a lot setting them up. I am trying to push the envelope of what the codecs can do without any extra equipment. Our Cisco Technical Contact "Chase" got back to me with this as well. 

"If you put any Dante set into AES-67 mode you can make them work very easily.  These (as far as I can see) still need an external amp which is another piece to consider (please tell me if I’m wrong there). I was looking at using the biamp Desono C-IC6 speakers.

Personally, I think something like the Shure MXN5W-C would be a bit better.

These are PoE AND have an integrated amplifier.  You’d be able to configure them on a bench, then install and directly connect them to the codec and you are done (what I think you’d like).

I believe QSC has some as well, and I just had another customer doing something similar with pro JBL speakers but upon second look the JBL isn’t doing Dante/AES-67 natively off the speaker. 

Chase"

I will update with the install and how it all works out.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As long as your speakers support AES67, you should be OK.  See https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/microphone/installation_guide/aes67-setup-guide.pdf

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.