cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Desk Pro and HP Laptop - USB-C not connecting

shelly-shellcb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello! I am trying to connect my Cisco Desk Pro running on RoomOS 11.15 to an HP laptop using USB-C, however it is not working. The laptop is an HP EliteBook 840 G4 running Windows 11 Pro. I have selected USB-C on the PC Input option on the Desk Pro, and nothing happens. I did get the attached warning on my laptop about "Display connection might be limited." I previously connected the Desk Pro via USB-C to my MacBook Air with no issues at all, it just worked. Would really appreciate any advice/troubleshooting steps. Thank you!

IMG_1304.jpeg

4 Replies 4

Anas Dalgamouni
Level 1
Level 1

Shouldn't PCs with thunderbolt sign all support display via USB-C function? The results on this topic on the web are not clear

Just because it has the right looking ports, or ports with similar symbols, that doesn't always mean it will work, and the cable you use will also have a large impact on what you are trying to do.   

Have a read of this How to Geek article for some information on why, and this one on DP Alt Mode which is what you need for the functionality to work.

But, in general, if it's at least Thunderbolt 3, and you're using a fully compatible cable, then yes, it should usually work.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you for the reply, surprisingly enough, the display port capability was disabled on bios level, once enabled it worked as expected

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Looking at the specs for your specific laptop - you need the docking station. Take a look: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05349510