cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 remote?

JONATHAN23
Level 1
Level 1

My DX80 does not have bluetooth or any wireless connection. The person who uses the device does not have room for it on their desk so they have positioned it across the room. Is there anyway that I can give them the ability to mute/unmute from their desk without having to walk over and press the button on the side?

3 Replies 3

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Jonathan23, 

If you are using Webex App, you can use proximity/ultra sound to connect to the device.  This will allow you to mute, unmute, make and answer calls from you desktop or cell phone with the Webex app installed.

Hope this helps.

I agree with @EdmondsM12 and that you should be able to use either the Webex App or the Webex Meetings App and proximity to connect to the DX80 to Mute/Unmute, adjust volume, and make/receive calls. Let us know if you need help enabling proximity on the DX80.

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, Jonathan.

How is your DX80 registered - to CallManager or Webex?  Regardless, BlueTooth should be an option. The end user guide for such is attached.  Now, it IS possible to administratively disable BlueTooth in CallManager or Webex, or the device web interface, so how do you register and manage these devices, if you need further assistance?

Response Signature