cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Miracast webex device Full network traffic - Wanted

Adam Trenkler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm looking for full network traffic for Miracast WiFi Direct and Wifi Direct over infrastructure - MS MICE.

There is lack of information in Cisco documentation:

Configure wireless sharing with Miracast® (webex.com)

as they seem to mention only 7236 and 7250 TCP...

but there is much more on high ports while transmitting.

Only credible source I have found is: https://docs.poly.com/bundle/polyvideomode-ag-4-0-0/page/wireless-port-usage-with-miracast-certified-devices.html

but essentially it says open biderectional UDP 1024-65535 and TCP 7236 for WiFi direct, and probably additional TCP 7250 for ms mice.

Anyone anything ?

3 Replies 3

sreyesmo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For Wifi Direct, the Webex device sends a beacon with the information to connect and Windows create a new Wireless interface at the OS, that traffic would not pass through your network, so there would be no need for changes on your corporate network. 

feel free to DM and we can discuss further. If there is specific documentation to update, I can help engaging the proper team.

sreyesmo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hey @Adam Trenkler,

For MICE, The protocol details are described on article below: 

[MS-MICE]: Miracast over Infrastructure Connection Establishment Protocol

The Webex device uses TCP port 7236 for Miracast signaling and media. Miracast will not work If this port is blocked on the sender device.

The Webex device uses TCP port 7250 for Miracast MS-MICE signalling. Miracast over infrastructure will not work if this port is blocked.

Note that both MS-MICE/Direct use RTSP which requires port TCP port 7236 to be open on the sender.

If you are having issues configuring your Webex devices, please open a ticket at https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/case and we will help you on the troubleshooting required

I understand what You wrote but IMHO it uses more based on network traffic dump that I've made.

I can find traffic from webex device 17627 RTCP to PC wifi direct 7492 port.

MS MICE is much more challenging in my infrastructure as I have to first order to open traffic to make it work....