Views
Helpful
Replies

MX300 G2 Camera removal and replacement

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,
Looking for pointers to remove and replace a camera assembly from an MX300 G2. if you have experience in this regard, sure like to get your input.
I have a unit which is still functional except the camera doesn't focus. I want to remove a camera from a faulty MX300 G2 and replace the one in the functional unit.
Thanks in advance. Much appreciate any input

3 Replies 3

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

This unit was on the latest CE.

The camera is definitely faulty.Anyhow I figured it out. Here's how to remove and replace the camera

You have to remove the back to expose the camera. Once the back is off, then it's straight foreward to remove the camera. In order to remove the back, the front fabric bezel must be removed, exposing the screws holding the back cover, then there's one screw under the make/model sticker and that's it.

1. remove the fabric bezel surrounding the screen. This is held on by clips. Gently pry one corner and proceed to pry all the way around the screen.

2. Once the fabric bezel is off, you'll see a the recessed screws around the LCD screen which hold the back cover. Remove all the screws. From the front. There's about 20 odd screws.

3. There's one screw under the label on the back where the connections are. if you feel around you'll find it. break the sticky label and take the screw out. 

Now the back panel will lift off
from here you'll see the camera and how it's attached as well as the cables connected. Take pictures of how it's connected and take care with the various cables as some are fragile.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What software version are you running on you MX300g2?  I am asking as I know from personal experience that there was a camera focus issue in some of the older versions of software.  I'd highly recommend that you update the endpoint software (especially if running a very old version) to the latest release CE 9.15.13.0 (as at the date of this reply).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

josviz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @emajcic,

If the device is still under a support contract feel free to reach Cisco TAC to replace the defective part.

Cheers,

Please rate if it's “Helpful”.
If this answered your question please click “Accept as Solution”.