cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Desk Pro support MacBook Air (M1, 2020) ?

marwan rouini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I have Webex Desk Pro CS-DESKPRO-K9  TTC7-27 and MacBook Air (M1, 2020). Sharing is not working and giving always black screen despite the Mac detects the Webex Desk Pro 

7 Replies 7

marwan rouini
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, thanks for your response. I have already Monterey 12.4 latest OS. The webex app sharing is working but the cable connection to share my Air built-in internal desktop is not working.

One other quick note - have you tried a thunder-bolt cable? 

Meaning usb-c thunderbolt cable?

Hi, I tried all possible type of connection supported by both Mac (Only type C available) and Desktop Pro ( HDMI, USB-C DisplayPort ) without luck. 

I lent my desk pro to a friend but I am getting it back and I’ll take pics of the sharing from my mbp 13 m1 to desk pro

Definitely upgrade to is is 13 Ventura; I was having the same issue on my mbp 13 M1. The display options have been completely overhauled in Ventura. I have a Mac Pro loaded to the gills and I could never take advantage of the fast response times of the oled lg 55 c1 that it is connected to; after Ventura upgrade am finally able to take advantage of the 120ms response. All of the usb-c based signaling to compatible devices has been opened up - I just haven’t tried piggy back from machine (Mac Pro /mbp m1/mbp 16 m1x) > monitor (hdmi) > monitor (display port) yet as the usability scenario hasn’t come up as yet

09720F71-196D-4061-B989-632E4978BE58.jpeg

asifahm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Forgive me but have you tried upgrading the OS? I have a MacBook Pro. 13” M1 running Ventura; same exact internals as your air just with some additional fans and Touch Bar and the latest iteration of webex app and have shared to my desk pro without issue