Views
Helpful
Replies

RoomOS Macro to mute audio/video when join a meeting

jijiwiwicisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We recently deployed Webex RoomKit in manager's office in personal mode. There is a business requirement to mute audio/video by default when join a meeting. This feature is available on Windows Webex but not on RoomKit. TAC confirmed that this feature is not available. Our RoomOS version is 10.20. The device is cloud registered. 

Does anyone else face this support issue? If Macro can do it, can anyone share a Macro to make this feature available on RoomKit? 

Thanks

James

1 Accepted Solution

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’m not aware of an existing public macro that does this; however, it should be possible. To get you started, take a look at Automatic Video Mute that automatically mutes video whenever audio is muted. You would presumably want to change the triggering event to be a call/meeting start and add a second command to mute audio as well.

One word of caution here: Cisco has recently limited macros on personal mode endpoints for privacy reasons. IMO they were a bit heavy-handed about it, but there must of been a reason.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I’m not aware of an existing public macro that does this; however, it should be possible. To get you started, take a look at Automatic Video Mute that automatically mutes video whenever audio is muted. You would presumably want to change the triggering event to be a call/meeting start and add a second command to mute audio as well.

One word of caution here: Cisco has recently limited macros on personal mode endpoints for privacy reasons. IMO they were a bit heavy-handed about it, but there must of been a reason.

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you very much for your reply. I will read the Automatic Video Mute thread. Github is blocked from corporate computer. I will read it from my personal device and test it on roomkit.

Regards

James