Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Room Navigator cannot connect to target system

Hi, yes I am trying to do a mock setup with a Cisco Room Kit-Mini and I have an ip address for the bar and I can go to the web interface for it, but the touch panel is displaying the followning, IN bold letters ( Connecting to room device) and beneath that in small red letters it is displaying (Could not connect to target system. Wrong target system or is turned off? Can anyone tell me what setting or what I need to do to enable the touch panel to connect? 

1 Accepted Solution

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wonder if this is connected to on-premises, if so, what version of the software is on the room kit mini? It says it requires CE 9.14.3 as a minimum version.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

vibinthomas6865
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing the same issue when i connected newly codec kit plus to organisation network ,the navigator pannel shows 'Has not yet received DNS address from DHCP' and also when i disconnect the ethernet from the codec ,the navigator panel shows the ethernet still connected. what is the reason behind this ...i already did factory reset and reset manually. Wifi desnot show in navigator pannel aswell.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I wonder if this is connected to on-premises, if so, what version of the software is on the room kit mini? It says it requires CE 9.14.3 as a minimum version.

Dear fellows,

I have faced similar situation, but the problem was not the SW compatibility between the codec and the Room Navigator. In my case, in order to connect the Room Navigator to the codec (a Room Kit Plus), (1) I had to put the codec in a network with DHCP and after (2) I had also to configure the NTP server on the codec. As soon as I did it, the Room Navigator connected to the codec and everything worked fine. This situation made me conclude that the requirements to first connect the RN to the codec are:
1- Codec SW version CE 9.14 minimum

2- First connect codec on a network with DHCP

3- The codec must have NTP configured

Do you agree with that? Anyone with similar experience?

Regards!

This fixed our issues.

How can I update the firmware version if I can't go through the web interface?

This is a new device and this is the first connection to the codec. 

Not able to configure the codec because touch panel not detected.

Could not connect to target system. Wrong target system or is turned off?

Hello,

I managed to connect through the web interface by connecting it to a network in DHCP and I was able to update the firmware to this 9.15.0.11 aec227943ed.

Subsequently, by reconnecting the touch pad, the update was carried out and the problem is resolved.

Thank you and have a nice day.

[1512502715406_LOGO_CHU_UL_Courriel.png]
Daniel Allaire
Technicien informatique
Centre de coordination en télésanté (CCT)
CHU de Québec – Université Laval
Direction des ressources informationnelles
10, rue de l’Espinay, bur. D00-707A
Québec (Québec) G1L 3L5
418-577-4692 / 1-877-830-1051

www.chudequebec.ca

www.telesantechudequebec.ca

soutien@telesantechudequebec.ca

How did you get an IP after connecting it to a network in DHCP if the codec just says "Welcome"?

Hello,

By default, the codec is in DHCP, plug it into an active network socket where DHCP is enabled and the IPV4 address will be displayed in the upper left corner of the home screen.You can then access the codec's web interface with the IP address acquired by DHCP.

Hello,

So does this work automatically as soon as I connect it to the network where DHCP is enabled?  I am running out of options and for our organization they only allow these devices to have a static IP. 

I just really need to know what needs to happen as soon as I take the codec and the room navigator out of the box.

v/r

Hello,

Before giving it a static IP address, you need to update the codec so that the touchscreen can connect to the codec.

To do this, plugged the codec into a network socket which is active in DHCP, note the address appearing in the upper left corner and enter the web interface of the codec by typing the private IP address obtained in DHCP Ex: 10.25. 36.59

Enter the user code "admin" without password to access it.

In order for the touchscreen to connect to the codec, the firmware of the codec must be updated through the codec web interface to at least version 9.15.0.11 aec227943ed.

Once the touchscreen is in communication with the codec, then you will be able to give it the static IP address that your organization requires.

Good afternoon

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you able to connect the codec through wired, and see if it gets an IP address?

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Daal:

Do you mean you can't get through the web interface because it's in a private network or because you don't have the administration password for the device? 

Also, I assume the device is registered to CUCM?

Hi, yes thank you the version I had was 13, and once I updated it to 14, it connected.