cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Events - Virtual Background where the person disappears

stireland
Level 1
Level 1

I have been on calls with 2 different individuals today where they turned on their virtual backgrounds and joined into a Webex Event as a Panelist. When they joined, their video image showed only the virtual background they had selected. The person was completely lost in the image. With one, we tried repositioning in front of a blank wall and adding a light behind the laptop and there was no difference. The 2nd individual had a very busy work area behind him so the change was not an option.

Has anyone else seen this and found a successful workaround? 

4 Replies 4

KirstenHite
Level 1
Level 1

We had this issue too, found out it was the older laptops that some of our users had - didn't meet the minimum system requirements stated here: https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/80jduab/Use-a-virtual-background-in-the-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Webinars#id_138414

Operating system:

• Windows 8 or Windows 10 64-bit (x86-64 and AMD64)

Processor:

• Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 4000 series processor or higher

• Intel Core i9 dual-core processor or higher

• Intel Xeon dual-core processor or higher

• Other Intel processors: 6 cores or higher

• AMD Ryzen 5,7,9 processor or higher

• Other AMD processors: 4 or more cores at 2Ghz or higher*

• Non-Intel and non-AMD processors: 8 cores or higher

Memory:

• 4GB or more of RAM

GPU mode:

• Intel® HD Graphics Driver version 26.20 and later

Stuart-ITGL
Level 1
Level 1

I have this issue as well - if I choose a virtual background then everything (including my face) is covered by the background but turn it off then you can see me perfectly fine.

I had a TAC case open for this but all they really suggested was uninstall and reinstall Webex.  For a short time after this, using the Webex Meetings app, I was able to use the Virtual Backgrounds but not for video calls using the Webex Teams app.  Then, of course, Cisco rolled both apps into Teams and it stopped working again.

jeliasoncisco
Level 5
Level 5

By chance, in these cases, did you confirm that a camera shutter wasn't closed? I've seen the virtual background without people in those cases.

Happy to help. J

Thank you for the follow-up, it is often the setting right in front of us but yes we did confirm the shutter was open. Also to note, once the background was sent to None, we could see the individual clearly.