cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2022 Webex Wrap-Up Webinar

kaabadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't miss the Webex Developer Platform 2022 Year in Review Webinar hosted by Cisco Distinguished Speaker and Webex Developer Evangelist Phil Bellanti, on Wednesday, December 14th from 10:00AM – 11:00AM PT. Register here

2 Replies 2

kaabadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you catch the Webex for Developers Year End Review webinar looking back at all things Webex in 2022? If not, you can hear the recording at http://cs.co/90003Gv3o (password: JmkG5XJV) and you can peruse all other Webex for Developers webinars at developer.webex.com/webinars.

We had some fantastic questions from this webinar. Check 'em out!

• "A lot of customer use cases would benefit from 3rd-party app *extensibility* being added to the messaging\meeting app contexts - any outlook on this? And following up on my extensibility question: "embedding" not the same as "extending"; i.e. being able to right click a Webex message and provide a custom action."
  • "Is there still a 3000 hits in 24hours limit on the API?"
    • The limits reset. 
  • "When are we going to (really) end of life and turn out the lights on the Meetings XML API?"
  • "Do we have a solution similar to Webex Connect? A customer wants to send msn from webex app to mobile (whatsapp or msn)?"
  • "Any suggested integration that we should mention to Webex customers?"
  • "Is there any video tutorial about the development of Embedded Web Apps?"
  • "Do the Developer Sandboxes have sample data?"
    • No, they are fresh organizations today. But, we'll share your feedback!
  • "Can we register our devices to sandbox environment ?"
    • Yes, you can!
  • "Are there any plans to add optimally configured sandboxes for calling? I spend a lot of time setting up auto attendants, routes, hunt pilots, to make test calls. Ideally I woudn't need to be a developer and voice engineer to test the usage APIs."
    • We will share this feedback with the Sandbox team. 
  • "Do you think for the webex calling API you will be able to create devices or get activation codes from there?"
    • This is available now, when you provision. 
  • "Are there any plans to have presence or live APIs? For example creating the Live Queue Stats dashboard in control hub from an API?"
    • You can get presence through the People API, but cannot manipulate/change it

• "Can we change auto attendant schedule via Calling API?"
  • "Is there an api that can be use to get the current active meetings/calls ?"
    • Yes, Meetings API
  • "When can we expect api support for python for web sockets and web hooks?"
    • The SDK does this today.

• "Are there any plans to have Connected UC APIs?"
    • Not on the Webex side today, but yes on the Cisco side. Check out the AppHub.

kaabadi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dont forget to register for tomorrow's Webex Developer Platform 2022 Year in Review Webinar hosted by Cisco Distinguished Speaker and Senior Webex Developer Evangelist, Phil Bellanti, on Wednesday, December 14th from 10:00AM – 11:00AM PT. Register here