cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adaptive Card in Space Widget

lucak777
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to use widgets to embed a WebEx Teams space in our internal intranet. This works great with most spaces. However a particular space has a bot that uses an Adaptive Card to respond to users. First the bot responds with a placeholder response like "Give me a few moments...", then updates the card to replace the text with the actual response from an API. This works great in the Windows and Mac desktop clients and the in the full browser client (web.webex.com). However, it doesn't work in the widget -- the card is never updated.

This previous post suggests that updating an Adaptive Card is technically not supported even though it may work in some cases.

Can someone confirm this is the case or should updating the card work with the space widget?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @lucak777,
Thanks for your patience so far!
So, I tested one of my Webex Space through Space Widget and posted a Card Messages with only Text content (I mean the Card doesn't have any Image or, attachment) using a Bot Token.
Later I tried to update the same Card message with the Bot Token and I can find the Card Text is getting correctly updated even in the Widget space too.

So, if you're following the same step then it should work and currently the concept of updating a Card Message with only TEXT Content is Public. It's doable !!
Kindly check the Card Abilities subsection under this link - https://developer.webex.com/docs/buttons-and-cards#about-buttons-and-cards

So, yeah if you still face the same problem, I'd say kindly share us the details to devsupport@webex.com and we can check further.
Kindly share us the Card messageId and also kindly share us the trackingId for that /edit-a-message API Request! We can investigate further.
Also, refer this Community Forum question link - https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-for-developers/adaptive-card-in-space-widget/m-p/4926742#M2446 in your Email so that if someone else from my team picking up the ticket, he/she has the background of discussion so far.

Regards!
Sandip

Sandip

Thanks so much for the quick reply! This is helpful.

While the card end state does not contain an image, it does contain buttons and even a survey form. I wonder if that's part of the issue. Not sure if those are considered "attachments". I will pass your response onto the dev team and we'll reach out to devsupport and reference this ticket if we need further assistance.

Thanks!

My interpretation of the situation is that a card can be edited in-place if all the below are true:
* The Webex message consists of only the bare card attachment: it does not have any other attachments (i.e. images/files) or textual content (text/markdown/html keys).
* There are no images embedded or linked in the card JSON itself.
* The message has been edited <10 times previously.