cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API to control "Cisco Calling Plan" toggle

hazeena farook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am looking for the API that controls "Cisco Calling Plan" toggle which is located under calling -> advanced call settings -> outgoing and incoming permissions -> outgoing calls. The /v1/people/{personId}/features/outgoingPermission API does not seem to include it.  Can someone confirm that this setting is not exposed via any API, and if so is there a plan to add it?

1 Accepted Solution

hazeena farook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no direct API available to update this setting now. Kindly refer webex-calling to know what's currently available with Webex Calling Provisioning APIs/ Webex Calling Call Controls.

You may consider submitting a feature request here (ciscocollabcustomer-ideas-aha) to request this API feature.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

simonunivonix
Level 1
Level 1

I still do not see an API that can toggle this value. I was wondering if anything has been updated on this issue over the last 2 years.

Hi @simonunivonix,
Thanks for your follow-up!
I don't really think this upgrade or, update calling plan functionality would be available with the Calling API anyway.
Because that's something still going to be managed from here - https://pricing.webex.com/us/en/hybrid-work/calling/ directly and if you've any query which needs to be addressed or, you want to discuss your Org's calling plan or, regarding licensing part, it has to be communicated with an Webex Account Manager or, through TAC General support team here - https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

But I really don't see any much opportunity to add such functionality through API.
If this helps!

Regards!
Sandip

So, let's say I have an automated process for onboarding new users at my company, and I want to use the Webex Calling API so that the HR person can trigger the creation of a new Webex Calling user without accessing your GUI.  Also, I have organization license agreement set to enable Webex calling professional. Are you saying that although I can configure almost everything else using the API (including the ability to make internation calls), I will have to manually access this GUI for each user to enable this?  

Hi @simonunivonix,
Thanks for your follow up! Sorry for the confusion in my last email.
If it's about enabling the calling license to the Users/Accounts in your Org, then you can do it using the /license API here - https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/licenses

In that case, first you can use the /list-licenses API to figure out the "licenseId" for the Calling License and just to be sure this Calling License ID, you can check that Calling licenseId in /list-licenses/{licenseId} API as well.
This way, once the you've the required licenseId with you, start assigning it to the Users using the /licenses/users API.

That should get the job done!
However if it's about adding or, removing the licenses from your Org or, if you want to cancel/purchase a license subscription, then this has to be done through the TAC Support team, that's what I meant earlier.

Hope this helps!
Please let us know for any further queries.

Regards!
Sandip

Thanks, Sandip; that is really helpful.

So now that I have assigned a license, what API can I call to enable the Cisco Calling Plan (please see attached)?
I have successfully used the /v1/people/{personId}/features/outgoingPermission API to configure the ougoing permissions, however if I do not manually go in to the webex portal and enable the Cisco Call Plan,  all those settings are ignored and only the default settings are used.

Hi @simonunivonix,
No, that particular toggle is currently not exposed to Calling API as a valid request parameter and that's why it's not included under the /users API or, /license API as well.
It's is true that you still have to enable it through Control Hub user's Calling settings page unfortunately.
There have been couple of other Users asked for it as well, but the answer have been negative. Because certain parameters are tricky to be included in the API and that's why there haven't been much of a progress.
However you can raise a feature request for this item as Hazeena referenced the Feature portal details last time - https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Otherwise, we can't do much on this request as of now.
Please let us know for any further queries.

Regards!
Sandip

hazeena farook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no direct API available to update this setting now. Kindly refer webex-calling to know what's currently available with Webex Calling Provisioning APIs/ Webex Calling Call Controls.

You may consider submitting a feature request here (ciscocollabcustomer-ideas-aha) to request this API feature.