Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio wakeup call using api ?

JC72498
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm trying to use a Webex api to send/make a wakeup call to our on-duty people. Ideally with a brief vocal message. But it is already enough to have the person pick up the phone. If nobody answers, the next person is called, etc ... If somebody picks up the issue is considered passed to the right person. The call can be made to the person's Webex client app or a call using the classic telephone network.

I've been looking in the various api but can't find what I'm looking for. Which api can I best use for this ?

Many thanks !

6 Replies 6

JC72498
Level 1
Level 1

What's I managed so far:

Post a request to https://webexapis.com/v1/telephony/calls/dial. Which triggers an audio call alike notification on my phone. And if I accept this, only then will the number be called. Which seems normal as this is not direct call, but rather click to call. So, according to the online demo I should answer the call for it to take place.

So, I do the /dial request, copy/paste the resulting callId into the body of an /answer call, and do that call. Invariably I'm getting the error message:

{
    "message": "No Endpoint for call",
    "errors": [
        {
            "description": "No Endpoint for call",
            "code": 100020
        }
    ],
    "trackingId": "*********************************"
}

According to the online demo, this should work. Maybe it is outdated ? Anyway, I have no clue what the error is about. It must be something very basic I'm missing.

Is there anybody who can help me with this ? 

When testing the Call Control APIs it is helpful to use a device as an endpoint. I use the webex calling google chrome plug in when testing Call Control APIs.

Apparently Webex Calling was not properly set up for the calling user. The error message for the /answer request is different now. But still, I don't know what it means.

{
    "message": "Call is not an unanswered terminating call",
    "errors": [
        {
            "description": "Call is not an unanswered terminating call",
            "code": 101009
        }
    ],
    "trackingId": "CXAPI_***********************************"
}

Hi JC72498,

Did you finally get it to work? What was configured wrong in Webex Calling for the user? I have the same problem

What issue do you have? Have you set up Webex Calling correctly? Is the user able to receive normal PSTN calls? Are you able to use the sample from the API description page at https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/call-controls/dial?

JC72498
Level 1
Level 1

Nobody ? any clue is welcome !  

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.