Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bot that calls user

Hello

I'm trying to create an application that calls a user and plays a message letting them know they have been assigned a task. I have been exploring the rest api and played with the /v1/telephony/calls/dial api but I see that there are different kinds of apps and not all have access to this endpoint. I understand the following:

• Bot (Can only send messages?)
  • Service App (I get a 403 Forbidden when I try to dial)
  • Integration (Seems like this would be the only way)

Is it possible to achieve what I want using an integration app that calls a user on behalf of another user and then play a message?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Those telephony endpoints are for Webex Calling so your user needs a valid calling license for sure.

You could use that dial endpoint to make the user dial the number of an Call Queue or so playing the (mandatory) announcement and which is not having any agents assigned or so. The call will initiate a call towards to user and when he picks it up, the dialed number is dialed. Basically what you want to achieve..

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Those telephony endpoints are for Webex Calling so your user needs a valid calling license for sure.

You could use that dial endpoint to make the user dial the number of an Call Queue or so playing the (mandatory) announcement and which is not having any agents assigned or so. The call will initiate a call towards to user and when he picks it up, the dialed number is dialed. Basically what you want to achieve..