cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Create a Calling Detailed Call History Report using the API

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am trying to create a Calling Detailed Call History Report using the API. I issue a /report/templates command. It tells me the report template is #500.

I run the Create a Report API to create a report with the ID of 500 and it shows
"message": "Report Template ID provided in request does not exist",
"trackingId": "WEBEX-DEV-PORTAL_3fb867cc-f642-4086-aea1-1fb619bb345e_22"
}

Suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the trackingId, the request to create the report was attempted through the "Try It" feature of the developer portal but that will not work, it's a limitation of the developer portal as noted on https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/reports/create-a-report.
"The 'templateId' parameter is a number. However, it is a limitation of developer.webex.com platform that it is passed as a string when you try to test the API from here."

You will need to use an exteranl REST client, such as Postman, in order to make the Create a Report request so the templateId can be pass in the request as a number instead of a string.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Based on the trackingId, the request to create the report was attempted through the "Try It" feature of the developer portal but that will not work, it's a limitation of the developer portal as noted on https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/reports/create-a-report.
"The 'templateId' parameter is a number. However, it is a limitation of developer.webex.com platform that it is passed as a string when you try to test the API from here."

You will need to use an exteranl REST client, such as Postman, in order to make the Create a Report request so the templateId can be pass in the request as a number instead of a string.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.