Helpful
Replies

Devices API Help

BulentYukruk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I am new on Webex calling so please don't blame me

We have created test organization and assign people and devices like 8865 , 881 etc.

From webex api i can get peoples and modifiy people with "People" endpoint. But whenever i try "Devices" endpoint it only returns empty array. Why i am not getting any device ? Also what is the correct endpoint for rebooting or applying changes on a device.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

The devices endpoint is only for RoomOS devices, unfortunately MPPs are not returned.

Hi Dtibbe ,

What if our customers wants to use MPP devices with webex calling ? Our point is updating user info which is associated to a MPP device. We can do the changes it via People endpoint but changes not applying until reboot the device. Is there an another way apply changes on a MPP device ?

Thanks.

What changes do you want to make?

There is no property for devices in the people API as well.. You may referring to a user's extension or DID. That can be changed via the people endpoint for sure as these information are associated with the user, but not with the device. A user just owns a device and populates its extension to that one, too.

The Webex Calling related endpoints and properties are getting enhanced regularly, specially in the last year, lots of features were added. I guess things like device properties or activation code generation will be added as well, but guarantee and no ETA I am aware of.

Hi Dtibbe,

This is the scenario which i want to achive.

There is user with display name Dtibbe and this user owns a 8861 MPP. I can see display name Dtibbe and extension on the phone.

I want to change users display name. I can do it vi People endpoint. With people endpoint i am changing display name to "Great Dtibbe" and i see changes on my device list on admin.webex.com. But phone still shows old display name. Whenever i reboot phone from admin.webex.com it show new display name. My question is how can do this with(apply changes on phone) one of webex api endpoints ?

Thanks.

Patience Umoru
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @BulentYukruk  maybe the reason  for the empty response is probably that your account is not associated with any device. or the user making this request does not have the right roles. in order to view the list of all devices in an organization requires an administrator auth token with the spark-admin:devices_read scope as explained in this document https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/devices/list-devices  However, can you send us the full request and response payload? Who is the user making this request?

Also what is the correct endpoint for rebooting or applying changes on a device? 

https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/device-configurations, for doing device configurations.

https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/xapi (execute command one), you can send a command to the device to tell it to reboot. xCommand SystemUnit Boot

Hi Patience,

Thank you for your quick reply. I am using developer.webex.com Webex APIs with personal access token. I can list people, locations, licences, roles, workspaces etc but not devices. It returns 200 OK with an empty response. Also this user in an administrator in admin.webex.com.

I know i need spark-admin:devices_read scope for this user but since i am using personal access token i dont know how to add it. 

Can you please guide me ?

Thanks.