cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can a bot send a message for other rooms on Webex Teams?

brunatoledo
Beginner
Beginner

Hello,

I've created a bot (with botkit) and I can talk with it directly anytime, but now I want it to send messages to other rooms (group rooms which I do not belong) by typing a command on our chat. Is there any example of code or some ideas about how can I do this? I've been searching but I'm not having success.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Bots (or any Webex Teams user) can only send messages from within rooms where they are a member, i.e. the bot will need to have been added to the room by another user, or be in a room in created. An extension of this involves Teams: users (and bots) that are members of a Team can list and join (and then send messages in) rooms that belong to Teams they are a member of.

So, only if all your rooms are under Teams, and your bot is a member of all Teams, can it be able to send messages into any room. Alternatively you would have to ensure the bot was a member of every room that could potentially need its services.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Bots (or any Webex Teams user) can only send messages from within rooms where they are a member, i.e. the bot will need to have been added to the room by another user, or be in a room in created. An extension of this involves Teams: users (and bots) that are members of a Team can list and join (and then send messages in) rooms that belong to Teams they are a member of.

So, only if all your rooms are under Teams, and your bot is a member of all Teams, can it be able to send messages into any room. Alternatively you would have to ensure the bot was a member of every room that could potentially need its services.
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.

Recognize Your Peers