cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove an admin role from a Webex subscriber?

blb2000
Level 1
Level 1

How to remove admin role from a Webex subscriber via API?

Also, if I delete a Webex subscriber from an organization, and this Webex subscriber is the only user with an Admin Role, will subsequent add/remove/change Webex subscribers work?

If subsequent add/remove/change Webex transactions will not work because you need at least 1 Webex subscriber with an admin role in the organization - what is the best way to transfer the admin role to a different Webex subscriber via API calls?

Thank you!

3 Replies 3

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

There is a role API that lets you fetch all roles available in your organization.

There is an API that allows you to update a user's roles, ie. adding or removing the admin role. You would have to read the user's current roles and then update the person with all the same settings except for the admin role (or in addition with it).

For sure, these calls need to be done by an admin and the integration needs the documented admin scopes. I think you cannot remove the admin role from yourself.

(I will move this post from admin to the developer forum)

Thank you @dtibbe for your response.   I think the issue is that all of the roles available in the list are some form of "admin" type, but I don't see a role that is just "user" type with no admin privileges which is what I am looking for - would you happen to know which of these admin types would be the equivalent of plain "user" role?

Thank you very much for your help!

{
  "items": [
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvaWRfdXNlcl9hZG1pbg",
      "name": "User Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvaWRfcmVhZG9ubHlfYWRtaW4",
      "name": "Read-only Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvYXRsYXMtcG9ydGFsLnN1cHBvcnQ",
      "name": "Support Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvYXRsYXMtcG9ydGFsLnBhcnRuZXIuaGVscGRlc2suYWR2YW5jZWQ",
      "name": "Advanced Help Desk Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvaWRfZGV2aWNlX2FkbWlu",
      "name": "Device Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvYXRsYXMtcG9ydGFsLnBhcnRuZXIuc2FsZXNhZG1pbg",
      "name": "Sales Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvYXRsYXMtcG9ydGFsLnBhcnRuZXIuaGVscGRlc2s",
      "name": "Help Desk Administrator"
    },
    {
      "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1JPTEUvaWRfZnVsbF9hZG1pbg",
      "name": "Full Administrator"
    }
  ]
}

An empty role[] list is equivalent to 'basic user'