cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Large Delay When Accessing Recording via XML API (lstRecording) vs Meeting Center GUI

TyHitzeman82708
Level 1
Level 1

Shortly after creating a WebEx cloud recording, I can view it in the WebEx Meetings GUI. However, I cannot access the recording from the XML API's `lstRecording` call for hours later. Last time I tried, there was a 7 hour delay between when the recording was in the GUI vs when it was accessible via the API.

Questions:

Is this large of a delay expected?

Is there a way to estimate how long a recording will take to be accessible by the XML API?

Is there anything I can do to shorten the delay?

1 Accepted Solution

I was wrong -- the delay wasn't due to WebEx slowness. I wasn't handling time zones correctly, so what appeared to be a 7-hr delay was just the time zone offset from my local time to UTC. Oops!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
My understanding is that this is expected and pretty typical (though I'm not sure I realized it was available from the GUI much more quickly...that's a bit frustrating.) Availability times can vary, no event/indication when a recording might be available...about all you can do is keep re-checking. Might be worth inquiring with the Webex dev support team via email/portal ticket in case they can provide deeper info or perhaps offer some options...https://developer.webex.com/support

I was wrong -- the delay wasn't due to WebEx slowness. I wasn't handling time zones correctly, so what appeared to be a 7-hr delay was just the time zone offset from my local time to UTC. Oops!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.