Level 1
Level 1

In response to request
https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/licenses/list-licenses
I get the following:

{
    "items": [
        {
            "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL0xJQ0VOU0UvNmQ3M2RkMzUtNzc5OS00MzJkLTljZjItYWI0N2E5OTY1OTg3OkNGXzc4ZWYzY2E2LWFmMGMtNGQyYS05MTIxLWExMDBmYzg4ZTI5OQ",
            "name": "Meeting 25 party",
            "totalUnits": 10,
            "consumedUnits": 2,
            "subscriptionId": "trialSub.4b6086ac-4eaa-4593-b9b5-5958b4dddcd5"
        },
        {
            "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL0xJQ0VOU0UvNmQ3M2RkMzUtNzc5OS00MzJkLTljZjItYWI0N2E5OTY1OTg3Ok1TXzgwM2MxZGYzLWM2N2QtNDhlNS1hN2VhLTFmYjM2Y2I4ZGM3ZQ",
            "name": "Messaging",
            "totalUnits": 10,
            "consumedUnits": 2,
            "subscriptionId": "trialSub.4b6086ac-4eaa-4593-b9b5-5958b4dddcd5"
        },
    ]
}

What are all possible licenses that can be returned from this endpoint? And what are their ids?

And a second question just to be sure. Is the license id hardcoded? And will it be the same for the same license (e.g.

"Meeting 25 party") , if the query goes from two different accounts?
1 Accepted Solution

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Emil Libera 

1. licenses are specific to each org, so if you are checking the same license with the same name in 2 different org, their ID will differ

2. there is no such list defined, because it is dynamically generated for each org and then encrypted

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Emil Libera 

1. licenses are specific to each org, so if you are checking the same license with the same name in 2 different org, their ID will differ

2. there is no such list defined, because it is dynamically generated for each org and then encrypted

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@Emil Libera since there is only a set of licenses, that are available in your org, you will only ever see that set from the /licenses API, not every possible license that exist in Webex. Also, unavailable licenses should not be available in a regular scenario, because you would not be able to assign them anyways. 

To answer your second question, license ID might change based on org.

I need more than just a list of my licenses assigned to my org. I would like to have a list of all possible licenses available in the system. I am creating an integration with the intention of working with different organizations, not just my own. Therefore, I wanted to know all the possible licenses so that I could describe them further. For example, add a field for them, whether they are paid.

I have two questions
1. are the licenses created dynamically, or is there a strict list of possible licenses?
2. if the list of all possible licenses is defined, could I get it?