cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No events from telephony_calls with webhook

acoret
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have an issue with the webhook event "telephony_calls." Everything else works perfectly fine, but for "telephony_calls," nothing happens, and it doesn't even go through ngrok or any similar system. Here's my webhook in case you see anything unusual:

{ "id": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VybjpURUFNOnVzLXdlc3QtMl9yL1dFQkhPT0svMWZ.....", 

"name": "testingCalls",

"targetUrl": "https://0585-81-42-230-16.ngrok-free.app/XXX-XXX/getWebhook",

"resource": "telephony_calls",

"event": "all",

"orgId": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL09SR0FOSVpBVElPTi8wNjA3MTJmNi1kMjI2LTR...",

"createdBy": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL1BFT1BMRS9hZDNjODYzYy0yNjJiL...",

"appId": "Y2lzY29zcGFyazovL3VzL0FQUExJQ0FUSU9OL0NmMzkyNWU5ND....,

"ownedBy": "creator",

"status": "active",

"created": "2023-05-11T12:31:28.279Z" }

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Accepted Solutions

Webex Calling is for PSTN calls like from any mobile phone for instance. They do require a special license ad Callung must be configured properly in Control Hub.

Calls on Webex are those calls directly in the Weeny App from Webex user to Webex user using the LOCUS protocol 

View solution in original post

The telephony_calls webhooks only work for Webex Calling calls. If all users in your org only have the Webex Calling license and not Call on Webex then all calls, DID or 1:1 calls in the Webex App, would route across the Webex Calling platform and should trigger the webhook.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Just to be sure: You are using Webex Calling and do not refer to Calls on Webex, right? The telephony_calls is for WxC only.

I'm not sure what the difference is. What I want to capture is the event when an external person calls the office. If that's not Webex Calling, is there another resource other than "telephony_calls"?

Webex Calling is for PSTN calls like from any mobile phone for instance. They do require a special license ad Callung must be configured properly in Control Hub.

Calls on Webex are those calls directly in the Weeny App from Webex user to Webex user using the LOCUS protocol 

Thank you! So, what we need to do is configure the license in Control Hub, right? Now, what I need is to have access to the administrative control hub that I'm waiting for. Just to confirm, licenses are activated in the user section, right? Thanks a lot!

Licenses were just a hint to get to know if you're referring to Webex Calling..

Let me ask it another way: by incoming or outgoing calls, do you refer to calls that are initiated by a common phone using a DID or are DIDs dialed, even to non-Webex users? Or do you just call contacts from within the app using the call button and the other one is using Webex as well?

I mean to the first option, calls that are initiated by a common phone using a DID or are DIDs dialed. However, if I could do it with both methods, it would be much better.

The telephony_calls webhooks only work for Webex Calling calls. If all users in your org only have the Webex Calling license and not Call on Webex then all calls, DID or 1:1 calls in the Webex App, would route across the Webex Calling platform and should trigger the webhook.

So I have no idea why the webhook is not giving me the telephony_calls event when it should. Thanks for all the answers, I will investigate further and somehow find the solution.