cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Proper popup support on Mobile Webex apps.

M.A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

It looks like we can't use OAUTH code authentication because Webex mobile apps on Android and iOS don't have the proper handling for creating popup windows in their webView (proper configs to allow that.)

On Android it should be very easy to enable 
https://developer.android.com/reference/android/webkit/WebSettings#setSupportMultipleWindows(boolean)

On iOS you can use the following

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/webkit/wkpreferences/1536573-javascriptcanopenwindowsautomati 

If we are allowing Webex embedded apps to run in a mobile, we must enable popup support, if this behaviour needs to be controlled, then Webex could provide APIs from Webex Embedded SDK to open a new popup. 

I hope I can get some feedback on why popups are not enabled. 

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

hazeena farook
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Use of Pop-up Windows

In general, apps should limit their use of pop-up windows created via JavaScript. In particular:

Hi Hazeena,

I am glad that your guide is going over the popups. This means mobile must allow them and we must use them only in the signing process (authentication). Could you please follow up with mobile team on why popups are not allowed on mobile devices? 

Thanks,

It is simply not something that's been worked on in detail by our engineers so it isn't recommended other than the initial sign in. There have been some queries from other developers regarding this so engineering is aware that it is something developers would like. My suggestion is to create a feature request on https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ so that Product Managers can follow up on this (and it also would help to gauge popularity of this feature). I understand this is already somewhat available but if you create this asking to allow popups for more than just sign in stage and for mobile devices too, then Product Management can assess and provide feedback on it.

Hi Raffaele,

It appears now with the latest desktop client on Mac for Meeting pace, popups are broken. It still works within Windows and Messaging space for both Windows and Mac. 

Could you please raise an urgent request to address this issue? It was working before so someone must have broken it today.

Thanks,

For the issue with the Mac client, it's a know bug that will be fixed in a future release of the Mac client but a workaround is to add the login domain that you want to load in the popup to the list of verified domains on the EA. For example, if your domain was acme.com and you have that listed in verified domains but your login is a subdomain of that, such as login.acme.com, then you can add login.acme.com to the verified domains list and that should allow popups to work again in the Mac client.

Hi, please create a ticket for this, by reaching out to us at devsupport@webex.com. Please provide as much detail in your description as possible, such as steps to reproduce, screenshots possibly and some code snippets. We can then assist further and if needed, involve engineering teams to correct the issue.