Views
Helpful
Replies

Synchronisation of Accounts using REST or SCIM

tschloesser
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I received the challenge to automatically synchronize accounts between an existing IDM and WebEx and found there are at least two options available.

REST People API

SCIM 2.0

According to the developer notes I found, it is suggested to use SCIM 2.0 and not the (legacy) People API, but since I have no experience so far using SCIM 2.0 I am wondering if the People API still can be used, and if there are planes to remove this API in the (near) future?

The other question is, if it is possible to use a client like Postman to run test against the SCIM 2.0 API like it is possible against any REST API?

The last question is, if it is possible to get a temporary test tenant or something for development against either the People or SCIM API!

Sorry, these are three question, but it would be great if anybody could answer one or more of these

Kind regards

Thorsten

1 Reply 1

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@tschloesser 

1 - the People API will not be decommissioned just yet, but we do encourage people to start exploring the new SCIM APIs. Once we have plans to discontinue the /people API, it will be announced in due time on our Developer Portal and the other usual channels

2 - You can use Postman with the SCIM APIs to do tests

3 - You can request a Developer Sandbox, that you can use to test the APIs https://developer.webex.com/docs/developer-sandbox-guide