Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Adaptive Cards - clear input content after submit

dupontb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'd like the content of the Adaptive Card to be cleared once the user click submit (like Microsoft Teams does).

I found someone having the opposite behavior where he wants the content to be kept (https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-for-developers/webex-adaptive-cards-keep-the-content-of-the-card/td-p/4612192)

The behaviors are total opposite. So what's the right behavior using the Webex app and how can I clear the form once it's submitted? 

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Hi @dupontb,
We've discussed this with the Cards Engg. group and they have confirmed this as a bug in the system.
Thank you so much for raising the query over our Community forum portal and getting it thoroughly checked.
We've raised an Engg. case and they've started working on the fix.

But going ahead, to track the issue further and to be able to serve you better with timely updates, kindly raise a Developer Support case for this and you just need to send a email with the issue details to - devsupport@webex.com
Kindly refer this Community Forum query link in your Mail details - https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-for-developers/webex-adaptive-cards-clear-input-content-after-submit/m-p/4841124#M2196, so that other members from our team can easily refer to the progress so far (in case I'm not present to pick up the case) and we'll discuss about this item on the ticket going forward.

Regards!
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @dupontb
Thanks for your patience so far!
Actually I wanted to understand first, do you've a scenario where currently the Adaptive Card Form data are not getting cleared out on submit in Webex App?
In case you have, could you kindly share us a screen recording of that incident please to investigate it further.

Because that's how Adaptive Card Form currently behaves in Webex App anyway. Once we hit the Submit button to submit the form data, automatically existing form data get cleared out to be able to initiate the fresh next submission.
Here below I'm sharing an Adaptive Card Form JSON just for test - 

[{
 "contentType": "application/vnd.microsoft.card.adaptive",

"content": {
    "type": "AdaptiveCard",
    "version": "1.2",
    "body": [
    {
      "type": "TextBlock",
      "text": "Test Form"
    },
    {
      "type": "Input.Text",
      "id": "firstName",
      "placeholder": "Your first name?",
      "label": "Your first name?"
    },
    {
      "type": "Input.Text",
      "id": "lastName",
      "placeholder": "Your last name?",
      "label": "Your last name?"
    }
  ],
  "actions": [
    {
      "type": "Action.Submit",
      "title": "Submit",
      "data": {
        "x": 13
      }
    }
  ]
}
}]

And, try to send this data to one of your Webex space using the /create-a-message API.
Just use the 'roomId' and 'text' Body parameters in your Request payload and once the Card is available in your Space, try to play around with it.
You can find once you hit the Submit button in the Form, automatically the data will be deleted/cleared from the Form and it'd be fresh ready for next submission.

One more thing, I tested it in Webex Desktop App from Mac and it works fine!
In case you find any difference in behaviour with it in Windows PC or, in any other Mobile devices as well - please let us know.

Regards!
Sandip

Here is the video with the exact same code you gave me before.
As you can see, the form is not cleared after submit.

Thanks for the details @dupontb!
As I can see, you're possibly using Windows device and hopefully that's how the Card is behaving with Windows.
Let me check with our Cards Engg. group internally and get back to you on this.

Regards!
Sandip

Hi @dupontb,
We've discussed this with the Cards Engg. group and they have confirmed this as a bug in the system.
Thank you so much for raising the query over our Community forum portal and getting it thoroughly checked.
We've raised an Engg. case and they've started working on the fix.

But going ahead, to track the issue further and to be able to serve you better with timely updates, kindly raise a Developer Support case for this and you just need to send a email with the issue details to - devsupport@webex.com
Kindly refer this Community Forum query link in your Mail details - https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-for-developers/webex-adaptive-cards-clear-input-content-after-submit/m-p/4841124#M2196, so that other members from our team can easily refer to the progress so far (in case I'm not present to pick up the case) and we'll discuss about this item on the ticket going forward.

Regards!
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.