Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex API Workspace - Update Workspace : hybrid calling

SPatel19
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I was hoping to run write a python script using APIs imported from wxc_sdk [On GitHub] to change 300+ workspaces from   Hybrid calling to Webex calling [ or hybrid calling --> None --> Webex calling].

It seems when  I tested via  Devnet webpage at developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/workspaces/update-a-workspace  that its not possible to update calling,  if hybrid calling is configured on  a workspace.

When i tried  to change from hybrid to webex calling , the response it got was

{ "message": "It is not possible to change the calling type of a hybridCalling workspace", "errors": [ { "description": "It is not possible to change the calling type of a hybridCalling workspace" } ], "trackingId": "WEBEX-DEV-PORTAL_d0106610-593e-4ac5-9613-75255f7b4423_6" }

or to none

{ "message": "It is not possible to change the calling type of a hybridCalling workspace", "errors": [ { "description": "It is not possible to change the calling type of a hybridCalling workspace" } ], "trackingId": "WEBEX-DEV-PORTAL_d0106610-593e-4ac5-9613-75255f7b4423_11" }

Is there anyway  to change a workspace via API if configured with hybrid calling  or am i going to have to change 300+ workspaces manually to webex calling via Control Hub - if so,  it seems a fundamental shortcoming !

thxs  Sanjay

2 Replies 2

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@SPatel19 we checked with Product Management and there are no planned or ongoing feature that would change this behaviour. You can open a new feature request here https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ .

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@SPatel19 hi Sanjay, let me try to clarify this internally for you. Will let you know.