Helpful
Replies

Webex meeting api

mertdl
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to create a meeting with Webex meeting api I get an error saying
"Session type not found by Session type ID"
When I look at the documentation I see Session type id is not required so i do not send it on my request. 
I have also tried to print my session types but there is not any session type. 
What should I do?

5 Replies 5

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @mertdl,
Thanks for your patience so far!
I think you used the /create-a-meeting REST API to create the meeting and I'm not exactly sure from the provided details that which parameters you used to create the meeting. But I can give you the list of parameters minimum you need to use here - 

title, start_time, end_time, timezone (yes, timezone is not mandate but better to provide the suitable value, by default it'd take the UTC time format) and that's pretty much all to create a basic meeting using this API.

Next time when you create the meeting following these 4 parameters and if you still face the same error, kindly share us the complete Request Payload from Request tab in the GUI and the complete Response which means the error_message and error_trackingId.
With that, we should be able to check the Log and investigate further on this.

Regards,
Sandip

Thanks for your reply

The request that I send is:

resim_2023-04-27_115848826.png
and the response i got is :

resim_2023-04-27_120146821.png

@sandiban wrote:

Hello @mertdl,
Thanks for your patience so far!
I think you used the /create-a-meeting REST API to create the meeting and I'm not exactly sure from the provided details that which parameters you used to create the meeting. But I can give you the list of parameters minimum you need to use here - 

title, start_time, end_time, timezone (yes, timezone is not mandate but better to provide the suitable value, by default it'd take the UTC time format) and that's pretty much all to create a basic meeting using this API.

Next time when you create the meeting following these 4 parameters and if you still face the same error, kindly share us the complete Request Payload from Request tab in the GUI and the complete Response which means the error_message and error_trackingId.
With that, we should be able to check the Log and investigate further on this.

Regards,
Sandip

Thanks for the details @mertdl !
But may I ask you to run the API Request at least once from the Webex Developer Portal, API GUI please - https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/meetings/create-a-meeting
Because that way, I can understand you're feeding what value to each field. Check the complete sample Request I've made in Developer portal in the below screenshot - Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 2.56.57 PM.png
Same way if you could try once from the Developer Portal directly and share the details.
Few points from my side looking at your API Request Body parameters - 

1. I can find you've provided binary values to some of the parameters in your Request, though those only accept boolean values. Since you're assigning the values directly to those parameters, I'm quite sure you're not converting them to boolean somewhere else in the Code. This is one thing you need to check and update.
  2. I can find you're using the hostEmail parameter in your Request. So, are you creating the meeting for someone else? In that case, do you have Full Admin access to the Org? You can create a meeting making someone else as Host only when you're the Full Admin of the Org. Since I don't have your complete Account details, I couldn't check your exact role in Control Hub, but this is something you need to make sure.
    And in case you're creating the meeting which will be hosted by you, you don't need to use the hostEmail parameter there. By default your email will be considered as hostEmail.
  3. I can see you're using the siteUrl parameter as well (it's mostly used in case the Org has multiple siteUrl configured). Please make sure that you've Host access to that siteUrl or, the person who would be hosting the meeting, has Host access to that siteUrl. Otherwise, the meeting would not get created.

And I checked the trackingId - ROUTER_644A3972-90D0-01BB-0128-0AFDE8970128 and what I find from log for this trackingId is very odd.
Are you running the Request using an Account - csg-meetingops@cisco.com
And is the hostEmail you've used here, does that person belongs from a different Org named "Netkur Bilgi Teknolojileri"

If that's the case, then it's not possible. Because being from one Org, you can't set a meeting for a person from a completely different Org.
Not sure though what exactly the background, but I don't see much of a details for this trackingId other than this.
It'd be great if you could let us know you're running the API Request using which Account and who is in the hostEmail for this Request.

Regards,
Sandip

mertdl_0-1682591850202.pngmertdl_1-1682591878360.png

Thanks for the details!
This is very odd. Please share the details to devsupport@webex.com and we need to investigate this further.
Kindly share the trackingId in plain text in your email, so that we can just copy it and check the log. Else, we need to manually type from the reference screen shot everytime.
Once you send the details, it'll raise a case in our queue and will take it forward from there.

Thanks!
Sandip