Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex REST API: Retrieve Meeting by Meeting link or Meeting number

Hello, 

I'm doing a little research here, by means of possible WebEx integration options, namely - Outlook integration. 

So there are 2 questions that I have now:

1. Is there any way to retrieve meeting by the meetingLink or meetingNumber (that are provided within the MS GraphAPI payload, pretty much matches the invite email information) using WebEx REST API, or is there a way to retrieve the meetingId using any of those means? 

2. It's not 100% clear to me just yet, but in order to being able to retrieve meetings (using Integration OAuth) is it implied that the user that has created an Integration App is supposed to be invited to such meetings? I have given all the necessary permissions, but out of the description, it's not 100% clear if the Integration App is going to have access to all the resources (i.e meetings/participants) within the organization, or only those that this very user is a part of. 

(Sorry I have originally posted this in a wrong section)

Thank you!   

1 Accepted Solution

The user that authorizes with the integration will need to be a full admin of the org and when querying the /meetings API will need to supply the hostEmail for the host that they are wanting to pull scheduled meetings for.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The /meetings REST API does have an option for pulling meeting details using the meeting link, it's the webLink parameter.
https://developer.webex.com/docs/api/v1/meetings/list-meetings

Who creates the integration app doesn't matter, what matters is the user that authorizes with the app. The token that gets generated is tied to the user and is dependent on the roles/licenses that they have applied to their account and not who created the integration app.

Thank you @Jeff Marshall !

So in regards to the 2nd question - does it mean, that the application is gonna be able to retrieve all the scheduled meetings within a certain organization, once set up properly? (I assume "meeting:admin_schedule_read" permission allows exactly that, but just want to be 100% certain) 

Thank you! 

The user that authorizes with the integration will need to be a full admin of the org and when querying the /meetings API will need to supply the hostEmail for the host that they are wanting to pull scheduled meetings for.