Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebexAPI /access_token endpoint responds with code 200 and empty body

Greetings, 

I'm working on an application, based of off the Webex Integration app. After all the permissions are set, I accept the app permissions, and receive the code. Then, whenever and however I try to generate the access token using https://webexapis.com/v1/access_token endpoint - I always get empty body and code 200. 

First I thought that the app must be approved by the tenant admin, so I tried that and the result was the same. 

POST https://webexapis.com/v1/access_token
Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded

grant_type=authorization_code&code=MDU4NGM4MzYtZTE1OC00MT.....-fdbc6ba3e2ed&client_id=Cad24deae5c65c524.....b39f13b97ea49&client_secret=b2b10a022102d176....862490ce43faaacf0e&redirect_url=https://website.com

Here's tracking ID for the reference: ROUTERGW_a5d6898b-cb5e-45b1-b6f9-0884fe742a3b

What is it that I may be doing wrong here? 

Thank you  

1 Accepted Solution

Thanks for checking back @MaksymRossiitsev!
Yes, looks like the problem here is - you're using the property name "redirect_url" in place of "redirect_uri".

Kindly change that property name to "redirect_uri" and thing should actually start working fine.
Let us know how it goes.

Regards!
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello @sandiban , thank you so much for the reply! 

So, I've tried cleaning up the cookies, but still get pretty much the same result. 

Attached the headers screenshot below, if it can be any useful. 

TrackingId: NA_572cf3f5-e3bf-4fac-b850-546d7dca6763

MaksymRossiitsev_2-1705508187327.png

MaksymRossiitsev_1-1705508145298.png

MaksymRossiitsev_3-1705508208377.png

Thank you!  

Thanks for checking back @MaksymRossiitsev!
Yes, looks like the problem here is - you're using the property name "redirect_url" in place of "redirect_uri".

Kindly change that property name to "redirect_uri" and thing should actually start working fine.
Let us know how it goes.

Regards!
Sandip

Please Note: If you think the solution provided above was helpful and satisfactory, please accept it as a Solution! However if you want to discuss it further and get yourself unblocked, please don't hesitate to reply back on this thread and we'll try to answer those queries by the soonest. In that case, once all of your queries are cleared - finally you can mark it as "Accepted as Solution"

Yes, this is it! 

My bad, sorry for taking your time with this, should've paid closer attention to the property names  

Now it works, thank you! 

No problem at all @MaksymRossiitsev, it happens sometimes even with us!
Glad to hear it's working fine now. Please let us know for any further assistance going ahead.

Regards!
Sandip

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @MaksymRossiitsev
Thanks for your patience so far!
Honestly, I don't think you're doing anything wrong here however I believe it's just the backend exception due to which there was no Response even though the Response status_code was 200.
Could you kindly try to pull the Token details from POSTMAN once following the attached screenshot here and check how it shows.
If still you face the same problem, then kindly clear the Cookies by hitting 'Cookies' button in POSTMAN and then try again.

Hopefully that should resolve the problem, let us know how it goes.
If you continue to face the same problem, then kindly share us the latest trackingId and we can check further with our backend team.

Regards!
Sandip 

Screenshot 2024-01-17 at 12.32.29 PM.png