cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Automatic Recording of Webex meeting through Moodle LMS

charlesgv
Level 4
Level 4

Is it possible to set automatic recording of Webex meetings started by Lecturer from within the Moodle LMS activity?

1 Accepted Solution

Yes that is an option as well, my only hesitation with that one is that all meetings that user hosts will be recorded and they have no ability to pause or stop the recording according to the information text so less flexible but it may work for your user(s)/organisation. Our governance department don't allow us to use that option.

auto_rec_setting.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Roray Stewart
Spotlight
Spotlight

I'm not aware of a way it can be done directly from the LMS, however once a meeting has been scheduled a lecturer could go to your org.webex.com site > sign in > click meetings > locate the meeting(s) > edit > Show advanced options, Scheduling options > check the Automatic recording option.

When the meeting is started from Moodle it will record automatically. This works for single and recurring meetings.

Thank you Roray for the response.

There is also the option from the Webex Admin console under the Advanced User settings for a particular user where we can check the option to 'Automatically record all meetings'.

Yes that is an option as well, my only hesitation with that one is that all meetings that user hosts will be recorded and they have no ability to pause or stop the recording according to the information text so less flexible but it may work for your user(s)/organisation. Our governance department don't allow us to use that option.

auto_rec_setting.png

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.