cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud recording option not available

bob75
Level 1
Level 1

Recording to cloud option does not appear in a certain situation for a few instructors who attempt to start a meeting from their schedule of classes page.  The "record to cloud" option is ghosted.  Only the "record to computer" option is available.  They do, however, get the "record to cloud" option when they start a meeting from their personal room.  Problem is, obvious security issues and individual invites within personal room setting.

I have deactivated/reactivated those accounts with the issue, as a reset, but no change.  There is the possibility of clearing cache on the laptops, but I was wanting to see if someone had run into similar issue in attempting to record to cloud.

1 Reply 1

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

YES! I have had this problem a lot... but not any more.

You can confirm this problem by having these 3 symptoms:

• Can't record to cloud
  • Can't see Breakout Sessions
  • Can't share video with audio

The solution is to walk the instructor through these steps:

1. Go to the Webex page for the instructor (companyname.webex.com, and login)
  2. Go to Preferences (on left toolbar)
  3. Click SCHEDULING tab
  4. Under Meeting Type: make sure to select Webex Meetings Pro Meeting (Which is probably already selected)
  5. Click SAVE - even if you didn't change anything.

NEW meetings from this point on will be fixed. So if the instructor has meetings already scheduled in your LMS, they have to delete those meetings, and re-create.

Again, it will only work on meetings scheduled from this point on!

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.