cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio looping/feedback

Jokun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I keep on encountering a problem in Webex where whenever I am the speaker in the conference call, my name on the speaking indicator seen in the grid view is repeated, and the audio feedback starts afterward. However, it is not consistent and I don't know if it is a bug or it is my problem.

3 Replies 3

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Technically you should only get an audio feedback loop in the following scenarios:
1) You are connected via more than 1 device and have audio enabled on them both (you would need to both mute your mic and turn off the speakers on one of the devices, or disconnect audio from one of the devices).  Aka, Computer and Webex Desk, Computer and Room Kit, Computer and Webex App on your smart phone.
2) You are connected via the Computer and have a loopback audio program installed on the computer.
3) You are connected via the computer for audio and dial in via a cell phone.

Your image looks like it was not from the participant pane.  I would check there to see how your user is connected to the meeting.

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

I do not have that problem on my end.  Check to make certain you are not connecting twice.  For example, dialing in from a phone after connecting audio through the computer can cause an audio feedback loop.

Tips for the Webex User - Dialing in from a phone
https://youtu.be/uabreh66vBQ

I do not dial from a phone, I call via internet. This is a sample of what my problem looks like.