cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Audio via phone; webex via laptop

Brittany.Borden
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, and good afternoon.  I access Webex Meetings via calendar invites using my laptop that has a closed lid/docking station/multi-screens; no camera is used.  I then access the audio by calling in on my phone, however even when I have unmuted my phone, other users cannot hear me speak.  This has occurred on numerous occasions.  In the past when I have tried to utilize my laptop for audio, there is feedback.  Thoughts on how I can get my audio to work on my phone for other participants to hear?

7 Replies 7

If a tool is domain joined, that system is automatically entered into AD. So your policy might reference the pc organization instead of consumer institution page. You also can use EAP-TLS and use area certificates.

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

Not sure if this has been resolved but, if you joined using your laptop and selected call in instead of laptop audio.. the mute controls are in WebEx not on your phone. 

Fritz_H
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Brittany.Borden 
As a pragmatist I would suggest to purchase a PC-Headset and use Webex for audio too (no mixed media usage, no unwanted audio-feedback).

(BTW 1: I think the posting from "tieamae97374" is spam, I recommend to ignore it...)
(BTW 2: "good afternoon" ?  The whole world lives in the same time-zone ?  ;--)

tieamae97374
Level 1
Level 1

TLS is likewise a valid technique but you may need a Certificate Authority. This can be executed with a Microsoft server. The answer may be configured and included together with your Domainlink so certificates are automatically provisioned to each machines and customers.

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

How did you join the meeting using audio? There is an option.. just before you join to select how you wish to join with audio. By selecting call-in.. entering the information that follows (prompts) you'll join using your phone. Then the laptop audio is disabled allowing you to mute / unmute using the desktop app (and browser). It will also list your name instead of "Call-in User 2".

At least worth a shot.

If you connect on the laptop app first and select either call in or call me, you will get a caller ID number to enter after the meeting number. This will link your laptop and phone connection so you don't have two users showing in the meeting. It also links the meeting controls such as mute so you can mute/unmute your phone from the laptop or the phone. 

Unfortunately, that is what I have been doing, but it does not recognize when I want to ask a question or make a statement. It's like I'm still on mute regardless of whether I unmute my phone or note. Nor does it help with I unmute my webex icon.