cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex - you're on MUTE!

aqeelzia
Level 1
Level 1

Would it be possible to alert the user when the microphone is muted?

What I would suggest is that when the user begins to talk and hasn't realised they are muted a message flashes on screen immediately alerting the user to the fact they are muted.

This way they don't have to be told by others.

Thanks

Aqeel

1 Accepted Solution

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

This feature technically exists today, but is basically useless in its current form as the sensitivity to trigger the message is far too low. You literally need to scream into the microphone for it to "detect" you are speaking (seriously, try it). 

I can't understand why Cisco has not addressed this yet, or how the feature ever passed QA.

Upvote here to draw more attention to the issue.
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3856

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

This feature technically exists today, but is basically useless in its current form as the sensitivity to trigger the message is far too low. You literally need to scream into the microphone for it to "detect" you are speaking (seriously, try it). 

I can't understand why Cisco has not addressed this yet, or how the feature ever passed QA.

Upvote here to draw more attention to the issue.
https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3856

Through a bit more testing and troubleshooting with @Cole Callahan , we discovered that the feature seems to work well with built-in microphones on laptops or PCs. We continue however to get inconsistent results with USB microphone devices and headsets such as Cisco Webex Desk Camera, Jabra Evolve 75 wireless headset , and Logitech USB wired headsets. 

He will be reporting feedback to the product manager for this feature.

Would be interested in hearing others' results as well.

Latest versions of of Webex and Webex Meetings include the feature to show a notification to a user when they are talking on mute.

Response Signature