cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bring back the menu bar and add a way to Verify Unverified Participant

kndskelton
Level 1
Level 1

As the Title states: With the latest release upgrade to WebEx.. I miss the menu bar! The new interface is not as intuitive. 

And.. how can I verify and save the participants who join as guest and show "unverified". Even though they have an email invite.. they are not able to login with their email address and have to join as guest. I know it's an added layer of security but, would be nice to at least verify them and the system remember the participants once I mark as verified.

Kim

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The support forums are the wrong place for product feedback and feature requests; Cisco product management doesn’t monitor this site. You should be funneling this to your Webex CSM and Cisco account team.

These changes are part of an enormous effort, years in the making, to migrate the meetings backend and user executable to a new platform that marketing has dubbed Webex Suite meeting platform. You will see this new UI as customer sites are migrated to it over coming months.
In my opinion it’s unlikely for either change to happen. The new UI has been tested exhaustively with user research. I have been told the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. It also has the benefit of eliminating disjointed menu bar options between the Webex app overall and the in-meeting window.

As for unverified participants, an email invite doesn’t authenticate the person who clicked the link. If can be copy/pasted - or the meeting ID & password shared. The guest can fill in any name/email they want to join, potentially masquerading as someone else.

TY.. I understand your response. Most end-users do not want to spend the time learning new tricks. And as hosts / owners of the accounts.. it would be nice to have a little more control enabling Hosts / Owners to better serve their users.

Adding.. the "unverified" status.. my ask is to add a button to verify the user once we Hosts / Owners have verified. Or do like Teams.. add an email notification that the meeting invite was forwarded to "X" participant. Once the Host or Owner has verified that the person is who they're supposed to be.. it would ease the participants stress level when joining a meeting.

And.. TY for pointing out the fact that this is a support Forum. In posting it was my intention to gather responses to what best practices others are doing and any work arounds that may improve my services and workflow.

Adding.. or at least explain to me the verification process so I can better understand.

Unverified simply means not logged in; they joined as a guest. They provided a display name & email when joining that hasn't been verified. Anyone can create a free account on Webex.com to avoid the unverified label, although hopefully you have claimed your DNS domains in Control Hub so your internal folks can't do that.

Your idea of a manual host option to mark someone verified during a meeting, which would only last for the duration of that meeting of course, is interesting. Personally, I'm a little skeptical how many hosts would bother since it would be ephemeral. Recent advancements in large language models makes impersonating someone's voice a plausible risk though. Still, you're welcome to advocate for that feature enhancement with Cisco; I'm not attempting to stand in your way.

There is a larger story around identity verification, even third-party attestation, but that currently only exists on end-to-end encrypted meetings. I recommend watching the recording of the Cisco Live session Securing Webex Meetings and Avoiding Meeting Fraud - Privacy, Confidentiality and Security Options for Meetings in a Virtual World – BRKCOL-2876 if you're interested in learning more.