cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot launch Webex on macOS 11.4

Ramenator
Level 1
Level 1

Having a weird issue. Our team just got migrated to a new instance of Webex and was advised to install the new Webex app.

Downloaded it for my 2018 MacBook Pro and when I try to run it, it launches and then crashes almost instantaneously.

Here's what I could see in the log files after it tries to startup. Any ideas what this error message is all about? Couldn't find anything by scraping the web.

2021-08-05 14:00:40.323 Webex Teams[48651:933638] Error loading /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin:  dlopen(/Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin, 265): Symbol not found: _$sSo16NSLayoutPrioritya6AppKit01_cdD23NumericRawRepresentableACMc
  Referenced from: /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin
  Expected in: /Users/ramenator/Library/Application Support/Cisco Spark/Webexteams_finder/SparkFinder.bundle/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libswiftAppKit.dylib
 in /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin

Thanks for your help!

1 Accepted Solution

Ramenator
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured it out. I took a look at this directory:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Cisco Spark/

It seemed kind of stale/outdated. So, I used AppCleaner to remove Webex once again, then deleted the Cisco Spark folder above, re-installed Webex and voila, it worked this time.

Thanks for your help and for the nudge in the right direction, Nithin!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ramenator
Level 1
Level 1

I finally figured it out. I took a look at this directory:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Cisco Spark/

It seemed kind of stale/outdated. So, I used AppCleaner to remove Webex once again, then deleted the Cisco Spark folder above, re-installed Webex and voila, it worked this time.

Thanks for your help and for the nudge in the right direction, Nithin!

Delete the Old app, remove the cache by. Then try again. 

• Open Finder and select Go > Go to Folder
  • Type in ~/Library/Caches and hit Enter

Response Signature

I uninstalled and reinstalled after clearing those cache folders and I'm still in the same spot as before.

2021-08-05 15:07:27.198 Webex Teams[49583:1035792] Error loading /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin:  dlopen(/Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin, 265): Symbol not found: _$sSo16NSLayoutPrioritya6AppKit01_cdD23NumericRawRepresentableACMc
  Referenced from: /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin
  Expected in: /Users/ramenator/Library/Application Support/Cisco Spark/Webexteams_finder/SparkFinder.bundle/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libswiftAppKit.dylib
 in /Applications/Webex.app/Contents/PlugIns/CiscoSparkPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/CiscoSparkPlugin
2021-08-05 15:07:27.199 Webex Teams[49583:1035792]  <Error> Couldnt load bundle, exiting false